World-Class Russian Language Expert: Lead Translator, Editor, Reviser, Lexicographer, Team Lead, Trainer for translation, localization, revision, editorial support, tools and terminology development, translator recruitment assessment and team-building, project implementation and management
U.S. – Russia Cooperative Threat Reduction Program (1994 – 2008) : Language Lead, including Russian-English and English-Russian translation, editing, consulting, terminology and glossary development, linguist recruitment and training, linguist supervision and editing and QA program development and standards implementation as well as program support for the U.S. Cooperative Threat Reduction Program, the primary intergovernmental program for implementation of ICBM, SLBM missile and launcher dismantlement and disposition, decontamination and decommissioning and related activities under the SALT I and II treaties.
International Nuclear Safety Program for multiple U.S. national laboratories (1995 – 2004) Extensive translation on full range of projects under the International Nuclear Safety Program, including Spent Nuclear Fuel Dry Storage, Training and Simulator Development, Emergency Operating Instructions, Shelter Facility, Reactor Core Conversion, Fire Protection, Decontamination and Decommissioning, Accident Remediation, and Nuclear Material Protection, Control and Accounting (MPC&A).
U.S. Defense Threat Reduction Agency programs and activities (1995 – 2008): Translation support relating to law enforcement, WMD (nuclear, biological and chemical), jurisprudence, customs and illicit trafficking, ISTC, containers, fuel cells, HEU, IPP, nonproliferation, railcars, remote monitoring, spent fuel storage, transparency, warhead safety and security exchange, accident remediation, decontamination and decommissioning (D&D), emergency operating instructions (EOI), fire hazard safety and protection, hardware and software upgrades, nondestructive examination and inspection methods, nuclear material protection, control and accounting (MPC&A), reactor core conversion, regulatory and legislative development (GAN regulations), shelter facility upgrades, spent fuel storage, and training simulator development, Chernobyl Shelter, nuclear nonproliferation, and physical security.
Founder and principal in premier technical translation and consulting firm providing services to the American Institute of Physics, the Library of Congress, the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank, the Congressional Research Service, the Smithsonian Institution and multiple agencies in the U.S. intelligence community.
- Distinguished technical translator with extensive translation publication record for the American Institute of Physics including:
- The flagship Academy of Sciences physics journal Soviet Physics JETP — Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics
- Soviet Physics — Technical Physics
- Soviet Technical Physics Letters
- Translator of cover-to-cover issues of Soviet physics journal Superconductivity.
- Translator of Soviet physics journal Optics and Spectroscopy for the American Optical Society
- Translator of cover-to-cover issues of Soviet electrical and electronic engineering journals (Radiotekhnika i Elektronika; Elektrosvyaz, Tekhnicheskaya Kibernetika and Avtomatika) for Scripta-Technica.
Senior Technical Linguist on US-Russia Presidential Hotline responsible for technical translation of technical data and information in support of the Washington-Moscow Hotline, establishment of workplace procedures, quality control, correct terminology and practice, compilation of technical terminology glossaries, oversight and subscriber support.
Expert on translation, localization and languages services industry for interviews, consultation and editorial story support for TV, radio and print media
2001 – 2012 National Media Spokesman/Press Secretary to six American Translator Association (ATA) Presidents as well as original conceptual architect, developer and advocate for ATA international media strategy. Extensive interviews, consultation and editorial story support to top-tier national press (New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, LA Times); TV network anchors, on-air reporters and commentators and executive producers (CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, FoxNews) national radio reporters and journalists (NPR, BBC, PRI, Voice of America) and national wire services (AP and Reuters) as well as local press, TV and radio interviews in all ATA conference cities: Atlanta, Phoenix, Toronto, Seattle, New Orleans, San Francisco, Orlando, New York, Denver and Boston. Media market penetration: 200 million
Industry consultant, translation/language services event speaker, conference host, national event panelist, trainer, educator
Translators and the Media. Conceptual architect, organizer, financial sponsor and panelist for “Translators and the Media: A Public Forum to Examine the Image of Translation and Translators in the Popular Media” at 40th annual ATA national conference in St. Louis, MO, featuring former White House Press Secretary Dee Dee Myers. Attendance: 500
Translation and Terrorism. Conceptual architect, organizer, financial sponsor, panel chair and media source for “Translation and Terrorism” at the 42nd national conference of the American Translators at the Hyatt Regency in Atlanta featuring first public discussion by U.S. intelligence officials on the state of the translation market in the post-911 environment. Event was covered by CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC and Fox News as well as the Associated Press wire service. Attendance: 750
Consultant on marketing, sales and promotion as well as QA, workflow, technology integration and team management for translators/interpreters, government and private foundations as well as select boutique translation services companies
Please contact me to assure compliance with my existing non-compete agreements. In the event of a conflict or large-scale requirements, I can refer you to a Top 10 language services provider for global support
- Successfully built, developed and expanded premier quality-first translation company from corporate division with $250K annual revenue to leading independent national language services provider with annual sales exceeding $25 million in conjunction with business partners before final sale of company to Fortune 500 company in mid-2008.
- Designed, developed and executed national marketing and sales program yielding 20% year-over-year revenue growth with premier Fortune 50 clients. Secured exclusive rights to Google translation keywords for over seven successive years.
- Architected, developed and secured regulatory approval for the first-ever Translation Quality Assurance Program in U.S. nuclear industry.
- Developed and implemented extensive training programs for ASET translation and project management, localization standards and QA process controls.
- Developed and conducted specialized training workshops for technical writers, content developers, localization engineers, and translators in the localization environment.